On Nov. 20, AAN officially stopped accepting applications for the executive director position. Since then, the Executive Committee has narrowed a list of more than 75 candidates to a group of eight individuals.
At the same time, the Executive Committee has created a Hiring Committee to oversee the rest of the process; this newly formed committee’s first task will be further winnowing the group of eight down to a smaller group of finalists, who will then be invited to AAN headquarters in Washington, D.C. for interviews.
AAN vice president Fran Zankowski, who also sits on the Executive Committee, was in charge of fielding the new Hiring Committee. It is comprised of the following people:
- Paula Routly, Seven Days
- Amy Austin, Washington City Paper
- Don Farley, Times-Shamrock Alternative Newsweekly Group
- Bradley Zeve, Monterey County Weekly
- Christine Oreskovich, The Coast
- Scott Spear, Village Voice Media
- Fran Zankowski, Colorado Springs Independent
- Mark Zusman, Willamette Week
If you have any questions about the hiring process, please contact either Fran Zankowski or Mark Zusman.