VillageVoice.com to include daily editorial content, nearly 12,000 entertainment and shopping listings, and an expanded real estate and classified section
NEW YORK — January 10, 2005 — It is no secret that the web has changed how people consume information, do business, shop, find a job or an apartment, and look for entertainment. The Village Voice, the nation’s leading alternative weekly publication, has enhanced their award-winning website www.villagevoice.com to reflect these changes by moving to a daily format, adding nearly 12,000 entertainment listings in 21 categories, and expanding the real estate and classifieds section.
With over 1.6 million unique users monthly and growing, villagevoice.com is a key daily destination for finding the essentials: editorial coverage of global and local issues, top entertainment offerings, and unrivaled classifieds, including apartment and job listings.
New additions to villagevoice.com include: · NYC GUIDE: villagevoice.com’s NYC Guide is comprised of nearly 12,000 things to do in New York City, with comprehensive and critical listings written by the Voice’s discerning journalists. With 21 categories: Eats, Drinks, Shopping, Services, Film, Music, Comedy, Theater, Dance, Art, Events, LGBT, Body/Sex, Activism, DVDs, Video games, Web radio, Recreation, Attractions, Hotels, and Free Events, www.villagevoice.com/nycguide is New York’s premier entertainment destination.
· SHOPPING: This new section features detailed listings for over 2,000 shops in New York City, written with the Voice’s unique perspective on fashion and style. Plus, we’ve got the scoop on sales and daily style tips
· EATS & DRINKS: This comprehensive, expanded listing section covers all boroughs of NYC featuring over 1,500 bars and 1,500 restaurants. Plus, the Voice’s esteemed food critic, Robert Sietsema, offers picks of affordable and innovative cuisines.
· MUSIC: This expanded section at www.villagevoice.com/music includes reviews from the Voice’s legendary music critics, including Robert Christgau, and in-depth features and interviews with music’s most influential personalities. Plus, we’ve added listings for over 600 live music events every week, listings for top local bands, live music picks, news, gossip and music blogs.
· FILM: This extensive section at www.villagevoice.com/film includes reviews of all current releases from renowned Voice film critics, including J. Hoberman, as well as comprehensive listings of festivals, retrospectives, and other film events. villagevoice.com also features DVD picks for 500 of the most interesting films of the last five decades, with new releases added daily.
· CLASSIFIEDS: Whether you are looking for a rental apartment or looking to own, villagevoice.com is your classified destination, delivering quality listings supported by a knowledgeable local staff. Recent renovations to the Real Estate website at www.villagevoice.com/realestate reaffirms the Voice as a key destination for no-fee “by owner” and broker apartment listings in NYC. In addition, villagevoice.com has expanded the entire online Classified advertising website www.villagevoice.com/classifieds/ to include nearly 70 categories, from Help Wanted to Music Instruction, while adding a free posting section for selected popular categories. Paired with villagevoice.com’s market specific editorial coverage directing users from other areas of the site to classifieds, these site enhancements establish villagevoice.com as the best resource to find the people needed to complete a successful classified advertising transaction.
With award-winning, passionate journalists writing and reporting on local and national politics, with opinionated arts, culture, music, dance, film and theater reviews, daily web exclusive postings, blogs (including the already popular Bush Beat by Ward Harkavy, Press Clips Extra by Jarrett Murphy and Mondo Washington by James Ridgeway) and comprehensive entertainment listings, villagevoice.com is the authoritative source on all NY has to offer. Add classifieds unrivaled by any other New York publication, the villagevoice.com is New York’s most influential must-read daily destination.
About The Village Voice: The Village Voice is the nation’s largest alternative weekly publication, with a circulation of 250,000 and a readership of 750,000. The Village Voice has garnered three Pulitzer prizes and scores of other awards for reporting and criticism. The Voice’s daily-updated, award-winning website www.villagevoice.com, averages 1.6 million unique users monthly, and has twice been recognized as one of the nation’s premier online sites for journalistic quality and local content as a past winner of both the National Press Foundation’s Online Journalism Award and the Editor and Publisher EPpy Award for Best Overall US Weekly Newspaper Online.